More About Rotary
THE OBJECT OF ROTARY
The Object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
First. The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service;
Second. High ethical standards in business and professions; the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations; and the dignifying of each Rotarian’s occupation as an opportunity to serve society;
Third. The application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian’s personal, business, and community life;
Fourth. The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
One of the most widely printed and quoted statements of business ethics in the world is the…
ROTARY 4-WAY TEST
It was created by Rotarian Herbert J. Taylor in 1932 when he was asked to take charge of a company that was facing bankruptcy. Taylor looked for a way to save the struggling company mired in depression-caused financial difficulties. He drew up a 24-word code of ethics for all employees to follow in their business and professional lives. The 4-Way Test became the guide for sales, production, advertising and all relations with dealers and customers, and the survival of the company is credited to this simple philosophy. The 4-Way Test was adopted by Rotary in 1943 and has been translated into more than a hundred languages and published in thousands of ways. Herb Taylor became president of Rotary International in 1954-55.
Of the things we think, say, or do:
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOOD WILL and better FRIENDSHIPS?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
ROTARY IS: SERVICE ABOVE SELF
Rotary is an organization of business and professional leaders united worldwide, who provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and help build goodwill and peace in the world.
Rotary is the world’s first service club. The first Rotary club was founded in Chicago, Illinois, USA, on February 23, 1905.
Rotary is some 1.2 million service-minded men and women belonging to nearly 35,000 Rotary clubs in virtually every nation in the world.
Rotarians meet regularly for fellowship and interesting and informative programs dealing with topics of local and global importance. Membership is by invitation, and reflects a wide cross-section of community representation.
Rotarians plan and carry out a remarkable variety of humanitarian, education and cultural exchange programs that touch people’s lives in their local communities and world community.
Rotary is The Rotary Foundation, which each year provides some US $86 million for international scholarships, cultural exchanges, and humanitarian projects large and small that improve the quality of life for millions of people.
Rotary is Polio Plus, Rotary’s commitment to work with national and international health organizations on the goal of polio eradication . More than 2.5 billion children in the developing nations have been immunized against polio through Polio Plus grants. We are almost there. Only one strain left.
Apply for Membership
CLUB MEMBERSHIP – JOIN US!
Cohase Rotary eClub is open to anyone worldwide who wants to join Rotary or transfer from another Rotary club. We meet over Zoom and get together in person for service projects when we can.
To be a member of the Cohase Rotary eClub means…
- You are committed to the personal ethic of Service Above Self, The Four-Way Test, and support the Object of Rotary.
- You will accept tasks, responsibilities, and serve on committees within the Club.
- You agree to participate in the bi-weekly Zoom meetings.
- You accept that all club programs, forums, business, and communications are conducted in English.
- You are willing to make financial contributions to support club projects, Club Foundation, the District Foundation, and The Rotary Foundation.
- You are prepared to pay current dues of US$200/year to support the operating costs of Cohase Rotary eClub, Rotary International, and District Dues.
- You are prepared to donate $100.00 to the Rotary Foundation every year.
- You accept that, for the purpose of Rotary administration, you will be considered a member in good standing of District 7850, Vermont USA, although residing in a State or Province of your own country.
- You have regular access to the Internet and the skills necessary.
- You commit to fulfilling our community service requirement (40 hours per year).
- You agree never to share your computer or login with a non-member. This would breach the confidentiality laws in the United States and some other countries.
- You are required to open a MyRotary account (https://www.rotary.org/myrotary) upon admission to the Club.
Please fill out this application. Your application will be reviewed and we will be in touch shortly.